July 20th, 2016 / News
Halfway through 2016
Shortly before the summer holidays it is worth it to take a look back. Some projects and highlights from the first half of the year.
- Together with the Rotterdam office MVRDV, we presented a feasibility study for the future Märklin Museum in Göppingen at the turn of the year. Central elements are a barrier-free accessible showroom and the modular room design for the exhibition in the main building. Restaurant and museum shop are also part of the proposed concept.
- In February we started our own training series “G&K Training”. The subject of the first in-house training session was “Innovation Management”. At least one “G&K Training” session is scheduled per quarter, generally recognized by the Chamber of Architects with credits for further training. Further essential advantages: “G&K Training” is practically tailored to the needs of the G&K team, and long distances to the seminar location are no longer necessary.
- The new clubhouse of Golf Club Hetzenhof was completely renovated and newly furnished by us during the winter break. Effective construction time: just under three months. The completion took place “just in time”: right on time for the season opening in mid-March, members and guests were able to use the new clubhouse in Lorch again
- At the beginning of April, we completed the second construction phase at the “Bahnpark” in Bad Boll. This completes the three residential buildings in the new quarter. An attractive and desirable residential area, by the way: our customer, Kreisbaugesellschaft mbH Filstal Göppingen, has already sold all the apartments.
- In the same month, the Federal Chamber of Architects appointed our Managing Director Christian Gaus as a German delegate to the European Council of Architects (ACE) in Brussels. As a member of the council, Christian is now also a member of the “International Affairs” working group of the Federal Chamber of Architects in Berlin. There, Christian will regularly report on current developments at European level.
- An important milestone in the construction of the new Middle School and High School in Spangdahlem: we have submitted all the necessary tender documents for the large-scale project to the competent building authority (Landesbetrieb Liegenschafts- und Baubetreuung Trier). The Authority will soon publish the documents on its Internet platform.
- In Schorndorf, the redesign of the Breuninger area is once again on the agenda. Together with the Stuttgart office h4a, we won the competition in 2009 as part of an investor opinion. The project was then put on ice. In the meantime, the town of Schorndorf has acquired the premises of the former leather tannery Christian Breuninger. The municipality is now focusing on residential development. For the new competition, we initiated a cooperative application from architects and investors. Again h4a, also Realgrund AG Ulm, specialist partner Gewerbe-Immobilien GmbH of Kreissparkasse Göppingen and Glück Landschaftsarchitektur Stuttgart will be on board.
- The last presentation in mid-June at the Municipal Council's meeting in Weissburg was extremely positive. Our current plans for the new residential quarter “Aidenbergsteige” were approved by local councillors and mayors without any lengthy discussions. Together with investor Paulus Wohnbau GmbH Pleidelsheim, we can now plan the individual buildings and communal areas in the second half of the year.
- The redesign of Lonetal school in Amstetten is also making progress. We will create the necessary spatial and technical building conditions for the future community school. After the Municipal Council had decided unanimously in favor of the concept of Gaus & Knödler Architects at the end of April, we were able to clarify important details for the design planning with top management.
- The automotive company ATP GmbH wants to build a new administration building in Göppingen-Ursenwang. The company's management has entrusted us with the planning and implementation of all service phases. After the last consultations with specialist engineers, we will be starting the project this summer.
- Quality management at Gaus & Knödler Architects includes regular team workshops with professional support from an external coach. In June, the G&K team intensively discussed positions, functions and roles in the company. In the second half of the afternoon, all the team members presented their personal strategies and tools for self-management. The extremely productive collection of ideas will be taken up in a separate “G&K training” event in August. The aim is to standardize proven methods and tools.
- As in 2015, we were once again represented at the B2B trade fair organized by JCI in the Stuttgart metropolitan region. Our conclusion of the one-day event at the Parkhotel Messe-Airport in Echterdingen: practical presentations, good discussions with other exhibitors, numerous new contacts at our exhibition booth with parties interested in a cooperation or specific orders.
- At the moment we are also busy with ZUM – the “Zentrum Untere Marktstrasse” in Göppingen. The project is currently under discussion in the city: what should be done with the area near Göppingen’s main train station? Which buildings should be preserved? How will residential and commercial properties be related to each other in the future? As an active participant in the ongoing concept competition, we are expected to provide convincing answers. Back
What else is/was going on ...